A little bit of History wont go astray here as that is what we are into on this forum. The Whippet car came from the Willys-Overland Co, one of the more illustrious names in the auto business. Many people have never heard of, let alone seen a Whippet car, yet at one stage in America was selling in 3rd place behind Ford and Chev. Was only made for 4 years and didn't survive the great depression of the 30's It's name of course was derived from the dog of the same name....being small and swift. Many cars have been labeled 'DOGS' but not actually named AFTER a dog!! The car was famous for...'Finger Tip Control'. This was a button on the steering wheel which, switched the lights on when turned, sounded the horn when pushed, and activated the starter when pulled.! Was a complicated switch for it's time and in the left-hand-drive versions was responsible for a few engine fires. The wiring exiting the bottom of the steering column was exposed to fuel dripping from the carburetor.....didn't happen to the RHD NZ models. The company eventually went on to share production of a much better known vehicle.....the WW2 Jeep. The Whippet roadster we had at Lincoln was one of the better and more reliable machines at the campus, and I became quite attached to it. I would borrow it from Hoppy from time to time, when he was otherwise engaged in footy practice, to do 'messages'.......pick up a 1/2 G or two from the pub when Paddy McGrail wasn't looking. [see post 86 Y & Y] Is a very rare car today, and I have in fact never seen another roadster.....wouldn't mind it today.