Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Yards And Yarns

Dave I'm not even going to comment on "Doris " because I have a habit of saying the wrong thing or dropping myself in it on these matters ,however I will comment on the Stromberg 97 's later,actually thinking back "Doris " might have had a pair of them on her chest, 97's that is

Journeyman Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    Greg, I'm sorry, I didn't know you were a big hotrod guru. Pallmall has pointed out that the yellow B4 is yours.....great stuff. I was reading the Morrari recreation and was thinking....yeh, a couple of dreamers, it will never get done, but dreams are free. Now I see why you want to do it, and I think you just maybe the best team to do it. I hope I'm around to see the finished article.
    Hi, yep I am currently editing the NZ Hot Rod Magazine for the past 7 months and my yellow '32 roadster is driven regularly. The only think slowing us on the Morrari at the moment is time but I can assure you that it will happen. Thanks, Greg Stokes

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by markec View Post
    I'm going to see Rod in the morning before calling on you Dave, should I ask him about the blond of Dolly Parton proportions?.
    .....If you talking to Rod,ask him about trading a 'new' SLR 5000 (Driven, but never registered) on Graeme Vautiers (Crown Motor Court/ArtMckee/Christchurch/1975)...
    .. 70&1/2, 'Motion Performance' Z/28 Camaro,tell him the guy that painted it 'Black' (in a week) says 'Hello'...from Australia ,where I 'personally' own a 'clone' of that car,waiting to be built........'thank you'..... with regards thunder427/Myles Johnson

World Champion
    Excuse me.......am I to assume that once you have posted over 500 times on the RS, you take on the moniker of 'Billy Bigtime'. I just noticed this today, so did a quick check of other members, Bob, Bry, etc and find that this seems to be what happens. I'm not sure of the title when/if we hit 1000......I shudder to think!!!!! Steve?

Semi-Pro Racer
    Rod would agree with you Bob, 97 seems to be about the right figure.Strange that she was not known by her given name.I have also been told of a number of other well known drivers who knew her intimately, a very generous young lady with her favours by the sound of it.

Mark ,actually I have seen more than a few of them over the years,in different parts of the country I might add ,I guess every race meeting they used to put another notch in their belt or whatever they do ,a bit like the music scene I was involved with that a bit many years ago its the same might even be worse ,however the matrimonial property laws make me hesitant to comment on either of them

Gerald I think you then get called "The Fuhrer "

Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    Excuse me.......am I to assume that once you have posted over 500 times on the RS, you take on the moniker of 'Billy Bigtime'. I just noticed this today, so did a quick check of other members, Bob, Bry, etc and find that this seems to be what happens. I'm not sure of the title when/if we hit 1000......I shudder to think!!!!! Steve?

Name:  4945721.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  84.2 KB

See I told you music was worse,I like her comment "it happens to me all the time " bit like the Tui add ,yeh right !

World Champion
    Now Bob, if I was a smart guy, I would think up some smart comment to make on that title!! But at the moment nothing pops into my head, and anyway I thought Steve was 'the Fuhrer' already.....perhaps we could become 'Neubauer MB'.....sort of in keeping with our hobby. I think the second 500 are going to take a lot longer than the first. Crikey, when I think back to last winter, our computers were running red hot!!!!! Perhaps we could crank up Y & Y again....there's got to be plenty more stories out there.

Changing the subject from dangerous sex to just dangerous, here are a couple of photos of USA chassis racers that look far more daredevil than the Auckland ones discussed on Old Race Tracks. While the chassis of one is a bit lower than ours, the flathead V8 would probably make the speed quite a bit higher. If you think these guys are crazy I will try and find the photos I have of stockcars in Rhodesia.

World Champion
    I am a Bass player Bob..just to put the record straight we ARE the most important member of the band
    Quote Originally Posted by bob homewood View Post
    Name:  4945721.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  84.2 KB

See I told you music was worse,I like her comment "it happens to me all the time " bit like the Tui add ,yeh right !

You play more strings than me then and I'm not talking about "G ' Strings

Semi-Pro Racer
    Doris, I think would be OK with a bass player,I have known some way wood bass players over the years.

From memory I think she would actually prefer a bass player with wood

World Champion
    i have an old german bass from the 60s Bob..called a Dynochord..could be right up your alley

They were only made for a short time from memory is that right

World Champion
    You know more about G strings than you are letting on mate!

Semi-Pro Racer
    The poor woman who is the topic of conversation, probably became a wife and mother, who's nipples now talk to her navel and the material from her mamaries has probably graduated to her hips and butt, time does that to most well shaped women.

Bloody hell what have I started and I never even knew her as Doris. She, as I said, lived in the flat next door and had a yellow Riley Elf. She used to wash it out side our flat whilst clad, and I use that word advisedly, in a purple bikini. it was debatable what did the most washing of the roof, the sponge or the boobs!

World Champion
    Whilst we are on the subject...Can anyone tell me the identity of a certain person who caused quite a kerfuffle in a local pub after practice for the Lady Wigram by wearing a rather obscene T-Shirt...