Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jamie Aislabie

Semi-Pro Racer
    Hi Jamie
    It was good to catch up with you in the weekend.
    It is a tribute to you that you have been given your own thread on TRS. Unfortunately threads for people (as opposed to those for cars and series) are usually started only after their death.
    You continue the tradition of Kiwi ingenuity applied to the building of race cars by the likes of Brewer, Green, the Stantons and Ralph Watson.
    Sports racing cars have been a great class for encouraging innovative design and engineering ideas. It's a pity the sports racing class(es) do not have a higher profile.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Hi Terry S.
    The Frank I talked a bought was Frank Hanen a good mate of mine who had helped me with the Cooper Jaguar and we built SID Mk 1
    together could that be where you get the Frank Bray from.
    Jamie A
    You are confusing me Jamie.
    At the start of threads 37 & 38 you mention Frank Bray.
    He built SMP which you eventually turned into SIDS 11

Morning Terry.
    I can confuse myself to.
    Jamie

Hi Rf84.
    Yes it was good to catch up how did your run go We went up over the Gentle Annie on the way home.It's a nice drive, all sealed now.
    Had lunch in Taihape. I will be down officiating at the Blossom meeting. Hope to see you.
    Regards Jamie A

Weekend Warrior
    Hi Jamie.
    Nice to see a thread on your racing career. I remember following you down the main straight at Ruapuna in the U2 when one of those high mounted mirrors came off and bounced down the track at me like a Hand Grenade. I didn't know which way it was going to go but luckily it had a final bounce and went over my head. There's not much to hide behind in one of those cars. Its funny how these things stick in your mind! I still have the U2 and have restored it back to its 1972 spec,1500cc Supercharged.
    All the best
    Dave Waldron

Hi Dave
    Never did find that mirror. Had to put one on off the tow car to keep the Scrutineers happy. It looked bloody stupid but they were happy.
    That U2 went real well I remember trying to pass you at Timaru the first time I went there you taught me the fast way round.
    Jamie

Hi Dave.
    I had Facebook photo turn up last night with you following me around the sweeper onto the front straight At Ruapuna with only Mirror
    on must be the same meting.
    Jamie

Hi Gang
    Timaru
    That was a real buzz. We went on the boat to Picton and was picked up by a mate who towed us to Timaru with his Ford single spinner flat head V8. SID went well. Big learning curve. Met a lot of people who are still good friends. It was a very long weekend as we went back to Picton via Nelson to see some of the country at night!! and in pouring rain. I suppose Mack meant well. There are some photos elsewhere in T R S of the car on a trailer in Nelson and at Timaru. I will troll my memory for what happened after that.

Jamie

Journeyman Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Hi Gang
    Timaru
    That was a real buzz. We went on the boat to Picton and was picked up by a mate who towed us to Timaru with his Ford single spinner flat head V8. SID went well. Big learning curve. Met a lot of people who are still good friends. It was a very long weekend as we went back to Picton via Nelson to see some of the country at night!! and in pouring rain. I suppose Mack meant well. There are some photos elsewhere in T R S of the car on a trailer in Nelson and at Timaru. I will troll my memory for what happened after that.

Jamie
    I have always said you were a troll Jamie, I rest my case

ARH
    My OLD OLD USA dog mate hope to see you at Rosebank Rd next weekend
    Jamie

Here's a photo from 50 years ago. Matamata in 1964.

Name:  Aislabie Matamata 64.JPG
Views: 1002
Size:  74.1 KB

Hi Gang.
    u Hi Milan. Boy that is along time ago, I can still remember how cold that frost was that Morning it took hour's for my hands to warm
    up.
    I think that is John Macy behind me, had a few laps chasing Ken Smith and still have a photo of him and me with him behind me in the front engine Lola.
    Grate days.
    Jamie A

World Champion
    thanks to historicsportscarracingnz.co.nz
    Attached Images Attached Images