Thread: old ferrari at a used car auction

old ferrari at a used car auction

Semi-Pro Racer
    Where's me Lotto ticket!

This one is nice as well
    http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/21917/lot/4/

and this

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/21917/lot/257/
    Last edited by SPman; 08-06-2014 at 04:25 AM.

Semi-Pro Racer
    According to someone who was at the auction, the car was in a very sad state.

Quote Originally Posted by rf84 View Post
    According to someone who was at the auction, the car was in a very sad state.
    Is that what Bonham's meant by "it exhibits the most attractive patina".

Semi-Pro Racer
    The person who saw it at the auction is on TRS and may elaborate. In his opinion it is in need of a lot of work.

I would hardly have called it ''patina'', more of a rough and tatty appearance.There's a need for much time and money to make it look like Graham Adelmans similar Dino Ferrari which appeared at Tasman Revival meetings at Eastern Creek in recent years.The exhaust was a ''cut and shut'' series of pipes, odd looking dampers, scruffy bodywork and wings and so on. Having said that of all the cars I saw at the many auctions held over the four days it struck me as being the most desireable.Certainly not the most valuable by any stretch but it would be a great car to own assuming you had sufficiently deep pockets.I'm sure Graeme Lawrence would have been horrified to have seen it as it was.
    Garry Simkin.

i can remember seeing photos of a ferrari single seater with v6 engine in a barn which had been destroyed by hurricane katrina. Was with a bunch of other cars but easy to see and identify. I wonder if it is this one that was sold here