Thread: So utterly humbled

Weekend Warrior

So utterly humbled

I'm more of a lurker than a contributor on very very many forums but this forum is simply amazing and to be honest I cannot wait to get home in the evenings to read the new posts.

The breadth and depth of knowledge found here is simply stunning, I do not believe there is another forum that can claim such superlative knowledge.

New Zealand just doesn't own the rights to being God's of the oval ball but should share accolades with its motorsports heritage too.

I am truly humbled and am only just beginning to understand what that motorsport's heritage really means.

Long may this forum, it's legacy and the understated contributions of its members continue.

A true credit to the igenuity, dedication and sheer bloody minded desire to succeed to all concerned.

World Champion
    What a wonderful statement of gratitude for this forum. Thank you. Sometimes we "plunk" away and enter posts and do not get any replies and I wonder is anyone interested in what I am entering and then along comes this acknowledgement of what goes on here at
    this forum and it makes me want to keep on "plunking". Thanks "gokiwi."

khyndart in Ca.

(Ken Hyndman )

Yep Ken I second that ............ great that its from the home of motor racing GOUK Thanks mate ..well put

Here here grant, ive trawled the net far and wide, nothing like a catch up on "trs",definately the best site for kiwi/aussie motorsport history, and always a daily check to see whats up.thanks steve holmes

Hey guys, thanks for this. A good forum should always provide robust conversation, but everyone should also get along. It should also be a place to learn, and to offer up information. This forum does that well, and its really a credit to the members much more so than me, as I'm only 1 of 1085 (or so) people now registered on this site. I've been busy lately as I'm involved in starting a new digital muscle car magazine, so I've not had much time for The Roaring Season, other than paying the hosting fee every month. So its good to see its still ticking over, if a little slower than in the past.

Hi Steve .
    I try to have my fix at least twice a day. And did I heard you on the radio the other morning talking about your new book best of luck.
    Jamie A

Hi Jamie, yeah that was me. Man, I hate doing those interviews!

Steve, now you know how we felt with your book

Quote Originally Posted by gokiwi View Post

New Zealand just doesn't own the rights to being God's of the oval ball but should share accolades with its motorsports heritage too.
    God's of the oval ball? I didn't even realise they played Australian Rules Football in NZ.

Weekend Warrior
    I will reference the Bledisloe cup game from the weekend just gone........

Journeyman Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo61 View Post
    God's of the oval ball? I didn't even realise they played Australian Rules Football in NZ.
    A damn sight better than the current farce that they call formula 1. Rosberg should be sitting out the rest of the season.

Journeyman Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Hi Steve .
    I try to have my fix at least twice a day. And did I heard you on the radio the other morning talking about your new book best of luck.
    Jamie A
    Speaking of books Jamie?

Yo old mate.
    The Books, weren't you coming down to have A look.
    Jamie