Originally posted by khyndart in CA
Some photos of the McLaren M 10 B (400-19 ) in action.

In 1971 with Alan Hamilton driving. (Looks like a fun car to drive.)

Primotipo.com quote;
Alan Hamilton cornering his McLaren 911 style at Warwick Farm 1971, date unknown. Car is chassis ‘400-19’, Niel Allen’s spare built up by Peter Molloy and sold, together with his race chassis ‘400-02’ to Alan Hamilton and Keven Bartlett respectively. Full monocoque aluminium chassis, 500bhp fuel injected 5 litre Chev engine, Hewland DG300 gearbox…much more powerful than a Porsche 906! (unattributed)
(Ken H)
That is one cool photo...

I don't know if Hamilton got out of this or spun, but if he overcame the rear wheels being out in the marbles like that it must have been his vast experience with Porsches that got him there!

The date was 20th November, 1971. It was the only meeting he ran that car at the Farm, the AGP meeting. There's too many people in the background for it to be Friday's untimed practice and it's not during the race. It's not mentioned in the RCN report at all, so it is possible he caught it.

The other suggestion is that he was warming his tyres for the session (Saturday afternoon) in which he got the fastest lap he ever did of the circuit - 1:26.3. Good for sixth on the grid, he finished the race in third.

Originally posted by Terry S
.....Alas poor Ray's memory must be fading him; and he is our resident expert on the Farm.....
My memory's not fading me at all, Terry. And I already corrected myself about the number 30.

This is the way it works...

Peter Molloy, spent a fair bit of time with his drivers at the Warwick Farm Short circuit. With both Niel Allen and Warwick Brown with the M10Bs.

Peter felt that, after driving round there all those laps, they had a problem. "It's all right handers," he says, and it was except for the corner off the Causeway. So at the end of the day (as I mentioned in the post I made) he sent them around for a few laps in the opposite direction, "to get some left handers and settle their brains a bit."

"It was different," he continued, "because the corners tended to tighten in the other direction, so they'd have to brake early and then get the power on early."

So that's what I saw one day when I called in and saw them there. Warwick, as I said, was coming out of Paddock with the power hard on, and with the waterpipes erected like a fence for watering the horse track just a foot or two off to the right of the circuit.

The view Ken posted looking back towards the grandstands is just about what Niel and Warwick would have been seeing as they prepared for their exit. Minus the cars and people on the left, of course, and minus the brake markers and flaggies, but with a waterpipe fence close to the edge on the right of the exit. His photo is taken while crossing the track to enter the pit area - on foot or in a car, Ken? - and you can see various tracks on the circuit where cars have driven on and off on their way in or out.

Anyway, I posted what I did because I reckon that was the most exciting scene I ever saw with Warwick in that car.