Thread: B&W Photos 1968 - 1970; From Baypark to Amaroo Park by Ken Hyndman

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Twin tanks were a feature on Cooper S in all countries- saw a blue one in Crimea in 2007 . Had twin tanks, sliding windows, was LHD, and.mph speedo.
    Interesting Stu-yours has Mini, when the Poms had Austin in that written script. Morris were like Frenchs in block letters.

World Champion
    John French was driving a 1964 Morris Cooper S in the 1964 Australian Touring Car Championship and as the car at Baypark in 1968 has the "droopy" door handle, bumper over-riders and the big hinged rear side window it could be the same car. (At least on the outside !)

(Ken Hyndman )
    Last edited by khyndart in CA; 08-21-2014 at 04:02 PM.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Twin tanks were a feature on Cooper S in all countries- saw a blue one in Crimea in 2007 . Had twin tanks, sliding windows, was LHD, and.mph speedo.
    Interesting Stu-yours has Mini, when the Poms had Austin in that written script. Morris were like Frenchs in block letters.

My 66 Cooper must have been suffering from an identity crisis. As you can see, it had an 'Austin-Cooper' badge on the bonnet and 'Mini Cooper S' on the boot. As I recall it (45 years later), I bought it from an English chap who lived at Albany(NZ) and who was an Austin enthusiast, probably from an earlier time when the companies' made different cars from each other. Accordingly he put an 'Austin-Cooper S' badge in place of the Morris one. I had a feeling that Australian Cooper S cars were only branded Morris, but I could easily be very much mistaken. Some Coopers had block capitals on the boot rather than written script, were they English-built?

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by stubuchanan View Post

My 66 Cooper must have been suffering from an identity crisis. As you can see, it had an 'Austin-Cooper' badge on the bonnet and 'Mini Cooper S' on the boot. As I recall it (45 years later), I bought it from an English chap who lived at Albany(NZ) and who was an Austin enthusiast, probably from an earlier time when the companies' made different cars from each other. Accordingly he put an 'Austin-Cooper S' badge in place of the Morris one. I had a feeling that Australian Cooper S cars were only branded Morris, but I could easily be very much mistaken. Some Coopers had block capitals on the boot rather than written script, were they English-built?

Stu
    its got a morris grill