Quote Originally Posted by Warninglight View Post
Hi Rod, I sold it to Don Grindlay of Christchurch who used it for a short period before moving on to a RX7. As you know Rex had it built by Peter Bruin, Bill Shiells etc to race in Shellsport. However rotary's were subsequently ruled out by those in power so Rex traded it on to me. I competed very succesfully in OSCA for 3 seasons Winning B Class and led the outright points until the last race of the season when John Osbourne managed a win. It was an extremely reliable car whilst I had it. Only 1 DNF in that time, blew the apex seals in front of Leo Leonard in the PDL car towards the end of the straight at Wigram.
Don sold the car to Craig "The Wizard" Hool who successfully ran a 13B turbo in the car for some seasons. He made many changes over the car's career as is the norm. Somehow the late Dean Kirk obtained the car and made some unfortunate and radical body mods, which will be hard to remedy. A friend purchased the remains off Chris Blackwood about 10 years ago, just before it went to the dump. It is our long term aim to rebuild the car, although there has been no decision as to what paint scheme it will be in, Shellsport or OSCA