Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Goodwood Revival Highlight Videos

2014 Goodwood Revival Highlight Videos

Here is a selection of short (3 minutes or so) highlight videos from the various races at this years Goodwood Revival. The racing is pretty hard, in some cases, a little too hard for my liking, but it sure is exciting seeing these period cars four wheel drifting so beautifully on the long Goodwood bends.

First up, the RAC TT:

St Mary's Trophy.

Pt 1:

St Mary's Trophy.

Pt 2:

Barry Sheene Memorial Trophy.

Pt 1:

Barry Sheene Memorial Trophy.

Pt 2:

Jackie Stewart Tribute:

BRM V16 Demonstration:

Freddie March Memorial Trophy:

Name:  IMG_0606.JPG
Views: 407
Size:  116.8 KB
    My pocket camera snaps can't begin to compete with those videos so here are some stills taken in the paddock area. This is the Ferguson Climax which was raced here in 1963 by Graham Hill.
    Name:  IMG_0612.JPG
Views: 413
Size:  110.9 KB
    The ex Jim Boyd Lola T70 presented in its NZ Team Cambridge livery.
    Name:  IMG_0625.JPG
Views: 380
Size:  98.7 KB
    The "Piccolo" Maserati 250F of Ross Jensen.
    Name:  IMG_0613.JPG
Views: 378
Size:  110.0 KB
    Jackie Stewart in typical pose, there was a tribute to JYS with a drive by of many of his cars.
    Name:  IMG_0609.JPG
Views: 380
Size:  117.7 KB
    Your correspondent standing next to his favourite car, a Lotus 25. These 1.5 litre F1 cars are tiny.
    Name:  IMG_0602.JPG
Views: 375
Size:  116.8 KB
    Alfa Romeo Tipo B/ P3. Alain deCadenet had one of these when I was involved with his Le Mans cars in 1976 and '77 so I have an attachment to these.

Name:  IMG_0639.JPG
Views: 401
Size:  123.2 KB

This is one of the many bars around the event, this one done as a pub. Freddie March, as well as being Lord March is also the Duke of Richmond and Gordon, hence the name of the pub. I would guess that at least two thirds of the crowd were dressed in period clothing and a good percentage of them had gone to a lot of trouble including family groups with accessories such as period prams (complete with period child). It was more like a giant time warp carnival than race event, the "over the road" area outside the track perimeter had an old time sideshow set up with ferris wheel etc along with pop up shops selling everything from clothes, food to half million quid cars.

Neat photos Howard, thanks for posting. Where did you get the dapper suit?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Neat photos Howard, thanks for posting. Where did you get the dapper suit?
    Complete ensemble and my wife's Grace Kelly number bought in English op-shops the week before and learnt to tie a bow tie via you-tube the night before! Total cost was less than two glasses of Champagne bought in the infield, probably more a reflection of the prices at Goodwood.

Good news is that we carried it all home so are well placed if Jim Barclay issues a period dress code for the HD Festival.