Quote Originally Posted by nzeder View Post
It does look good and good on you for ID'ing the car correctly as a Datsun 240k as that is what it is. It is not a Nissan Skyline GTR replica as some might think as it does not have the correct (very rare and expensive which is why it does not have one) engine to be a gtr replica so GTR flares on a 240k.

it would be nice to see an original S20 (Nissan engine code for the GTR engine, engine was also used in a Datsun 240z body sold only in Japan like the GTR's called a Fairlady Z432) is a race inspired 2000cc in line 6 cylinder with 4 bolt mains, 3 weber carbs, 2 cam shafts in DOHC config and 4 valves per cylinder. An engine Nissan had used in the first Skyline GTR's and Fairlady Z432 since 1969.

The S20 engine in full race spec produced a little over 220HP (might have been over bored larger than 2000cc hard to tell I have details in a book just it is in Japanese and I can't read Japanese but it has great images from period)

Mike the owner has done a good job on the Datsun 240k and it presentation is fantastic.
If you're able to put me in touch, I'd be most grateful... I'll send you a message.

Steve, thanks for that! I'm hoping to build a solid library of classic race images so I should really keep my finger on the pulse, and John how can one not be interested in the Sports Sedans! Before my time (everything cool was before my time except for Group A and 2l supertourers) but I can appreciate them with massive enthusiasm.

Well done to everyone who had a hoon and I look forward to being trackside for the next lot In between shooting drifting (don't judge me!) over summer and a few other events of course.