Thread: 1972 Fuji Masters Touring Car Race

1972 Fuji Masters Touring Car Race

This is cool, and the racing wild! Around the sweeping Fuji circuit, the very best Japanese touring car teams battle the 1972 Fuji Masters Touring Car Race.

Here is Part 1:

Now that is the one of the Skylines I would want. Known as the Hakosuka. These are most likely GTR Skylines powered by the 2000cc dohc 4 valve 6 cylinder engines. In 1970 these Skyline took 50 wins from 50 starts putting them in the Japanese records books as one of the ledgends of the tracks in the early 70's.
    Mike L

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Part 2:

Does anyone know where you could get a boot wing like the Rx2's and 3' are using in this race? I am attempting to get together the parts so that I can start restoration on the Rex Findlay's old RX3. I can source all the needed parts except the wing.
    Thanks for any assistance.
    Pete Blomfield

Quote Originally Posted by Growler View Post
    This one?
    yes that's the one. Today you will need in order if 200k to prize a genuine GTR from its owner in Japan. Fakes go for over 120k with the correct dohc engine. And L28 power versions between 40k and 70k depending on condition and if restored with new parts etc
    Mike L

Quote Originally Posted by spinner32 View Post
    Does anyone know where you could get a boot wing like the Rx2's and 3' are using in this race? I am attempting to get together the parts so that I can start restoration on the Rex Findlay's old RX3. I can source all the needed parts except the wing.
    Thanks for any assistance.
    Pete Blomfield
    Maybe, I will try a source for you Pete

Thanks Mike, neat description. Staggering the values these cars have now reached.