Thread: Bob Jane Camaro - Beneath The Skin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer

Pics by Perry Drury Launceston Tas
    Last edited by Ellis; 07-08-2011 at 09:06 AM.

Semi-Pro Racer
    ...thanks Leo D...the saga continues...the lower photo's show Shane at work, in this day and age its very hard to 'one; get talented people and Two;find passionate people.

Shane, whom I renamed 'ROWDY', as every time the phone rang, Shane would find a reason to 'fire-up' the grinder or something equally as noisey!!!!!!!!!..."turn that F#@%&%$#!#%^ thing off ,I can't hear"!!!!!!!!!!!!...I would immediately cop this 'cheeky' sorta "Got Ya,Again" (one for the floor staff!!) grin with the standard..."Sorry BOSS"!!!!

Shane, a family man, came to work with me at a time when he had lost his 'personal' motivation, Shane was Punctual, focused,and became a very good at his craft...a valuable 'Team' member, for example Shane drilled out every spot weld in the Bob/ Camaro Firewall area and then did the same on the donor Camaro (pictures to come!) a very tedious job,trust me,never once complained and would have used only 2 pos 3 'Wurth' spotweld/ rivit drills....each part was nearly perfect to refit with little or no removal damage,,,,,,he left after the first 18mths to futher his career oportunities in the "panel' industry, where he went on to manage a 'top shop' and a team of 6.............Every Christmas for the next ten years he would ring and wish me a Great Christmas and thank me for believing in him and helping him re-find life's path..........Rowdy!, If you ever get to read this, you did a great job,you own commitment and passion took you the rest of the journey, proud to have worked with you.....and you KNOW how much I hate being called BOSS!!?....ofcourse you do!!!!.....................regards thunder427/MJ