Thread: Bob Jane Camaro - Beneath The Skin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder427 View Post
    ...Steve,never believe anything a KIWI living in the land of OZ, shows you!!!!!

The Bob Camaro is actually shod with 'Hoosier's,from 'Mr Sprintcar',Max Dumsney, who has a 'race tyre' shop in Melbourne,shop manager Freddy Baker (Race Tyre 'Guru') helped greatly in getting us a tyre that had the 70's look/profile,Fred also got us a tube that fits ,as the Minilites are a little 'porous',vertually go flat on a trip from Melbourne to Sydney,then,I had Jamie Whincup's Uncle, Graham (WINKY!!) make me some stick on stenciles and I sprayed 'GOODYEAR' on in Gold, Dam cunning those Kiwi's !!!

Problem was that the Tie-downs,in the transporter where a little harsh on the 'handy work'......but what was funny ,a very creditable punter hauled me aside one day and asked me how long had 'Hoosier' owned 'Goodyear'........I'll post the size's next day or so,also I will ask 'Our Fearless Leader' (O.F.L) the Goodyear 'Blue Streak' question.......regards thunder427/MJ

Kiwiboss, thank you!!, for your appraisel regarding my favourite 'Skid mark',having seen the standard of your work I feel Im in Good Company.........regards MJ

HOOSIER imfo; tyres on Bob's Camaro at this time, Front / Hoosier -R33 -#43390 /-24.0 x11.0 x15 Rear / Hoosier -D2613-#37685 /-27.0 x11.0, With Sprintcar Tubes / Demo Laps Only!!
    Well you had me fooled Myles. They look pretty convincing as period race tyres. But why go to such lengths when you can buy the Bluestreaks off the shelf?

Semi-Pro Racer
    ..Steve, you posed a great Question there,regarding 'Bluestreak' tyres!!!.....I thought how come we didn't ????....then thought, Dam!!!...October this year it will be 10yrs since her/'Big Red's' official 'Debut' at Bathurst/2002......Shocked!!!...I then realised that its 16yrs since we got the 'GreenLight' for Project Camaro Reserection.......Dam!!! time flies when your are having 'Fun'!!!......so the answer Steve, was, that in 1999/2000 no one was manufacturing 'period Correct' profile tyres,so I went to the 'Hoosier' Team (being American) as they had a crossover of genders from 'Street to Nascar to Trans-Am etc........but it is a great thought/Plan for the when we consider Re -Tyring ............regards thunder427/MJ