Thread: Ganley Festival - Hampton Downs January 2015

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    There are 30 listed in the programme. I am not sure what happened to the other 20, but the Festival website should have been updated. It is still saying 50+ cars.

I'm sure there were a lot more at one of the earlier festivals, as they had two qualifying sessions with different cars resulting in one grid.
    As of today the website is still claiming 50+ cars. Initially I had pretty much decided not to go this year but my mind was changed by the thought of 50 thundering V8's tearing around the track. What a spectacle that would be. So I paid my money and went along with high expectations. The other thing that was a bit disappointing was the last HRC race being spoilt by the pace car. Isn't there a way that the race could be stopped and restarted or a few extra laps tacked onto the end to compensate. HMC being a such a drawcard class deserve better.
    i'm sure the drivers were just as ticked off as I was.
    Anyway, having got that off my chest, I was rapt today when a friend gave me a free ticket for this weekend. Maybe the missing F5000's will have been found by then!!
    Last edited by nigel watts; 01-21-2015 at 08:49 AM.