Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
Nigel- these are truly superb pics. Where else in the world would you see these cars and all together like this.
I hate it when the SC comes out and the handicap goes out the window and no spectacle for the crowd.
At my guys drivers briefing I will make special point of clearing the track to try to avoid a SC- sorry if it give you less track time Tony.
Dale was telling me that in USA they dont worry about the spectator numbers, Historic racing is for the drivers and crews pleasure. Of course it does cost more.............
Thanks John
Yes I agree with you that we are spoilt here in NZ with the numbers of classic cars that are around and come out to play from time to time. I'm not surprised to hear that they don't worry about spectators numbers in the US. They probably have more competitors attending and with track operating costs being comparable [?] with NZ it's affordable for them whereas we need spectators to subsidise the cost. I have no idea what it costs you in total for a day at the races, but I'm sure it's a tidy sum. I'm equally sure that if more spectators attended which had the flow on effect of reducing competitors costs then maybe more classics would come out to play - and more spectators would come along to watch. Sounds so easy doesn't it. lol.
Looking forward to Saturday.