Thread: Ganley Festival - Hampton Downs January 2015

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    That's a clever use of words there Tony to drag the punters through the gate. As it is a race meeting, which is advertising 50+ cars, one could not unfairly assume there will be 50 cars racing. I know I did, and it seems most other people arrived at the same assumption, and we have all been disappointed. While having 26 F5000 cars racing is no mean feat in itself, it is far from the 50 which it seems some people made a special effort to come and see based on the suggestive advertising.

Is there any reason why you cannot publish the entry lists on the NZFMR website leading up to the event? Even if it is just a straight list ( not by classes ) so it shouldn't hurt your program sales, it would be good to see who will be there. Most people will go regardless ( to spectate ), but if there are a couple of cars / entrants that pique their interest, they may go for more than 1 day per weekend. Just a suggestion. It would also eliminate the 50 cars / 26 racing / rest on display etc problem.

I have a few more ideas to improve things for both drivers and spectators, but no time now, I will post up later.
    Last edited by Andrew Metford; 01-22-2015 at 06:30 AM. Reason: spelling