Thread: Jules Bianchi

Weekend Warrior

Jules Bianchi

Marussia seem to be the most unlucky if not the most underfunded team in F1, here's hoping Jule's recovers.

First their test driver Maria De Villota , loses an eye and suffers brain damage (and ultimately paid the price in extremely sad circumstances), now Jules.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Perhaps you have to buy your luck as well in Formula One. But there are organisational questions to be answered as well, which had a bearing on the accident.

By a coincidence, this evening I watched a Michael Fassbender documentary DVD called "1" (subtitled "The true story of the drivers who risked their lives and changed the sport forever"), which contains coverage of the 1976 Japanese GP at Fuji. I remember it from the time and it bears an uncanny similarity to Sunday's race Wet weather, drivers not keen to race etc. Perhaps, in view of the technical input from Japanese companies to F1 their GP could be given a date earlier in the year when the weather might be better. October must be well into autumn.

Stu

PS to northerners: DVD comes from the Auckland Library system; a good watch, if a bit gruesome in parts. I'll return it sooner or later.