Thread: Cemetery Circuit, whose going, whose been?

Cemetery Circuit, whose going, whose been?

The circuit is unchanged since 1951 and aside from 4 years over that time has run every year.
    The spectacle is outstanding, last weekends meeting at manfeild saw one 7 thousand second win and one 3 thousandths of a second, in the rain too.
    The meeting is in Wanganui on Boxing Day

Whose a regular, whose going for the first time and whose been before here folks?

I'll be there it'll be my 58th Cemetery Circuit event

I went to a couple of these in the early 50's, as a kid i might add 928

From the SI it's a trek I've only done once. No one wants to travel on Xmas day so it was get there early and Xmas dinner in a pub with a lot of other SIslanders. Several nights in a scruffy motel then a ferry crossing day after boxing day where nearly everyone incl the crew were hungover.
    Warned at riders briefing that the doc in charge of A&E at the local hospital was not a fan of motorcycle racing and it would be wise to stay out of his reach.
    The racing was OK. Usual street circuit plusses and minuses. Thought we had a chance of winning F3 but the rider developed arm pump. He'd never had to use the brakes so hard or often - and a poor choice of mastercylinder size (his) stuffed him. While leading.
    Oh well i'd built the winning engine anyway - Tony McMurdo's 500 Kawasaki. Changed M/c size once home - my choice - and he was never outbraked again.

the meeting is livestreamed too, if anyone wants a link please ask

World Champion
    I grew up in Whaganui, vivid memories of watching Hugh Anderson, Jim Redman and Ginger Molloy..

Quote Originally Posted by bry3500 View Post
    I grew up in Whaganui, vivid memories of watching Hugh Anderson, Jim Redman and Ginger Molloy..
    Redman raced at Wanganui but not the Cemetery Circuit, hugh anderson tngled up with a back marker that day and was knocked out in practice, shame as it would have been a treat to see the two battel it out.

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    Redman raced at Wanganui but not the Cemetery Circuit, hugh anderson tngled up with a back marker that day and was knocked out in practice, shame as it would have been a treat to see the two battel it out.
    Ah yes! That must have been the Moutoa Gardens circuit

Quote Originally Posted by bry3500 View Post
    Ah yes! That must have been the Moutoa Gardens circuit
    yip