Well, the contributions came from lengthy interviews with each person so I'll have to agree to differ. Tracking down Ivan Miller was a fine piece of sleuthing and it was such a pleasure to talk with him in detail - I still have a great photo I took of Ivan, nailing it on the RN400 at Helensville way back. He was a hero, as were Boote and Avant.

Croz and my lives have intersected at various points over the years since I worked with him at Laurie Summers when I left school. He's been very helpful and supportive over this project (he was going to come to the launch but I got trumped by him being the guest of honour at the Moriwaki 40th anniversary celebrations in Japan.)

And Ginger Molloy - he's hugely under-rated in my view. I mean, the man got 2nd in the world 500cc championships riding an H1R! He was a great interview and is a really good guy.

Thanks for the positive comments as well - we're very proud of what we have achieved with this book.

John McKechnie - I'd like to do more of these books and if it happens, one of the bikes I would like to do is Eric Bone's H2. What a history that bike has.

Oldfart - you most certainly can be proud of that kid! No need to apologise about hijacking the thread, it wasn't really a hijack and I enjoyed looking at those photos and thinking "how do they do that?"