Thread: New Classic Bikes Book

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Classic Bikes Book

Geoff Osborne and I have just published a new book about classic bikes called "Classics - Great Motorcycles and People."

The website where it can be purchased is www.apexbikes.com

It is also available from Motomail on College Hill in Auckland.

I hope some of you will be interested in a great book and this is also a perfect Christmas present (hint hint).

It’s a high quality publication of 154 pages featuring 10 bikes. There are loads of high quality studio-shot photos of each bike and the words go into detail about the bike, what marque it's from and its place in history. I undertook detailed research before I wrote it.
    The bikes featured are:
    • Graeme Crosby’s Suzuki XR69 – a rare works example.
    • Yamaha TZ750 – is this the greatest Grand Prix motorcycle of all time?
    • Ivan Miller’s Suzuki RN400 – a multiple championship winner and one of fewer than 30 works models built.
    • From Ken McIntosh’s famous workshop, the mighty Manx Norton, Egli Vincent and Jawa 500 – all showing the engineering excellence that made this small NZ company world famous.
    • Ginger Molloy’s first Bultaco TSS125 – featuring a detailed interview with Molloy about his experiences racing on the Continent in the 60’s.
    • Russell Burling’s CZ360 twin port - the ultra rare CZ model that changed the motocross world.
    • John Nicholson’s Triumph TR5 and Yamaha DT1 - both created new directions in sport motorcycling, two decades apart.
    Classics has interviews with motorcycling greats including: Graeme Crosby, John Boote, Ginger Molloy, Ivan Miller, Peter Ploen and Stu Avant.
    It also features passionate and talented enthusiasts : Ken McIntosh, Alistair Wilton, Russell Burling and John Nicholson.

Here's a few images to give you a flavour of the book.

[IMG][/IMG]

Name:  Apex Bikes TXT_Egli Vincent_spreads1 copy.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  182.8 KB

Name:  Apex Bikes TXT_SuzukiRN400_spreads1 copysmall.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  184.2 KB
    Last edited by Shano; 12-01-2014 at 01:17 AM.