Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a photo

Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    There must be more photos taken from this vantage point as the end papers of Vercoe's book has some very similar.
    Yes, the one referred to in post#1 with single seaters etc is used in Vercoes book. Also referred to in post #2

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Now I have the photo scanned by the Rush family. Definitely "run what you brung" and way more entries than a current National championship, almost more than one of ERC Arrow/AES grids
    Very cool.
    Almost Rhys - we have 55 entered for the Ganley weekend 2 grid that I have to whittle down.

Results showed the Riley came second on scratch. I looked at the photograph expecting an RME Riley, but it looks as though it was the Pathfinder - affectionally known as "Ditchfinder" as it wasn't a "real" Riley according to the purists, despite that wondwerful engine. First badge engineered Riley I believe.

I bought a 1955 RME Riley back in the UK for the equivaent of $40NZ. Big ends were rattling but what a joy to drive. Sadly I had neither the expertise, facilties nor the money to sort it. Sold it for $150 feeling quite pleased with myself - but I wish I had been able to keep it.

Wonder if it still exists - SLH 85 - even the plate would be worth a packet in the UK. About $9000 based on what my Greeves plate has been valued at.
    Last edited by ERC; 12-12-2014 at 02:55 AM.