Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
The way I see it, and this is my own personal opinion as well as NOT pointing the finger at anyone, as some of you have said the problem with many classes is not the class or it's rules that is at fault but those who run or control the class and who eventually become or see themselves as bigger than the class itself. As a demonstration of this imagine if Dale Mathers (please don't take offence Dale) did a deal with a spark plug company and made every competitor run that particular plug in HMC. It doesn't matter that the product is shit and not available in the required heat ranges but Dale owns the class and you will abide by the rules or else. And you will pay for them and no freebees, and carry large advertising stickers on your car while Dale collects the money from the plug company. So Dale (my apologies once again Dale) now owns the series and if you want to play with him you will have to pay for the privilege. And because he (Dale) can't come to a reasonable financial arrangement with a TV broadcaster then there will be no TV coverage of any kind at all so you sponsors will leave in their droves. Sound familiar?
Allan
Now Dale is not like that, or Bernie and Max, and runs a great class that is well supported and deserves all the plaudits it receives.
So that's why Petes Mustang kept fouling plugs. Those spark plugs are shit Dale ......