Hi all. Very interesting discussion these are the sorts of things i have heard so many competitors talk about at the track not the board room i have say and we all seem to have the same general ideas. I would say in responds to why do we ''let them do this to us" it's the same as why we let local and central goverment "do it to us'' its the type of people who get into those jobs if the likes of Dale and George were running motorsport i would think it would be different.

Here are a couple of ideas get rid of the one make corporate backed series most of these (Mini challenge, nissan sentra, 86 etc etc) have
no substance no grass roots support and as such will fall over after 5 years. Have the classes controlled by the competitors not motorsport nz thay can handle the promotional side of things only. As far as what sort of classes there is no need to reinvent the wheel
just look at what has worked before Group A. B&H, Sport Sedans and the original NZV8's

Here is my idea late model Mustang, Camaro, Commodore, Falcon, BMW, Merc, Camry etc semi production remove interior seats add cage race springs, shocks good brakes aftermarket 4/5speed box a few mods to the engines exhaust say call it Thunder Saloons support class Muscle cars, Pro 7, Formula Ford, old NZV8 cars on semi slicks and GT. Don't just copy the Aussie's Supertourers will always be seen by the public as poor mans V8 Supercars and those type of cars are unaffordable in a country of 4 million, Also don't blame the mark petch's of this world people like him will always put there own interests first its the people who let them run things that are to blame. But that just my opinion.