Thread: Leadfoot Festival 2015!

Leadfoot Festival 2015!

Another solid event by Rod, Shelly and the army of volunteers who make up the team who organise and bring this wonderful event to us. Weather? Check. Eclectic line up of cars? Check! A roster of absolute characters who live and breathe motor racing? CHECK!

Naturally, I took my camera along for a few pictures. I'm pretty tired now (after 3 days in the sun and mammoth trip home in Waitangi weekend traffic) but here's a start of the weekends photo results.

IMG_7329 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

IMG_7358 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

IMG_7439 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

IMG_7560 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

IMG_7611 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

IMG_7789 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

Oh yea, Rod won with a time of 48.64 (!!!!) but was hotly chased by Daniel Bray, who was busting out 48's and 49's all weekend in the 125cc kart. Mental.

Was there on Saturday, for the first time at Leadfoot - what a great day.

Did the ex-Marwood Camaro run at all over the weekend?

Hope to make it next time. Great pics. Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoreboy57 View Post
    Was there on Saturday, for the first time at Leadfoot - what a great day.

Did the ex-Marwood Camaro run at all over the weekend?
    It sure did! I have a few shots I can pop up later. What a magnificent car, it sounds ruthless also.

Hi there, cool photos from you as usual.

It was a great weekend, had lots of fun in the Cobra, and finally got below a minute with a 58 second run, only ten seconds off the pace!

I would be keen on buying some photos of the cobra, please let me know how.

Cheers
    Bevan.

Hey Bevan, will be in touch Glad you fellas enjoy the photos!

IMG_8069 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

IMG_8401 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

IMG_8218 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

IMG_8188 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

IMG_8096 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

IMG_7610 - The Riley Moth. One of my favourite cars of all time!

If there is anything that inspires me to put this event on the spectator bucket list, it is photographs like this. Brilliant.

The thing I adore the most about that car, is the way it has that typical low revving aero engine thrum about it, yet absolutely rockets from the corners... the torque must be phenomenal!

Anyway, sorry these are just quick rough edits but you get the idea....

IMG_7618 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

IMG_7689 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

IMG_7707 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

IMG_7719 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

IMG_7749 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

IMG_7753 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Snoozin View Post

IMG_7610 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr
    This Riley? Yes, the workmanship in the car is unbelievable (these pics taken at a previous Leadfoot but worthy of a run, nonetheless.)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    IMG_7610 - The Riley Moth. One of my favourite cars of all time!

If there is anything that inspires me to put this event on the spectator bucket list, it is photographs like this. Brilliant.
    The McNair Riley Moth, saw the picture and remembered it featured in " Classic Driver " issue # 47 Feb/Mar 2013, an amazing piece of Engineering

No 17 the single seater - Formula 500 or Junior, is that Allan Woolf ??. Great photos, thanks as could not be there,

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dowding View Post
    No 17 the single seater - Formula 500 or Junior, is that Allan Woolf ??. Great photos, thanks as could not be there,
    Yes that is Woolfey - still going great at 85. The car is the ex Ron Frost Cooper 500, but now powered by a Hillman Imp engine and transmission. You will remember Colin Waite competing in it at the Otaua Hillclimbs we used to hold years ago.

I managed to get down there for the Saturday this year - well run event with a good spread of cars and lots of spectators.
    Very hot weather, but shaded areas if required - definitely worth the trip.

The cooper 500 was converted in the 60's and driven by Ian Cullen who i think was from Northland and the car was known as the Cooper imp.A great matchup really of motor and car,competed against it a couple of times i seem to recall.No push starts needed like the Norton and quite reliable,looked good to.

Thanks BMC Boy, guess there will be more photos, and good on Woolfey, he was my neighbour in Seabrook Ave, in New Lynn in the 1950's had a modified Ford 8 at the time which he was racing, well before the Vitesse or the Capri in the late 60's into the 70's. Alan helped me with amodified exhaust system on my 1967 TR4A, back in 1983, after BMC Boy had helped with some panelbeating.. small world in motoring.