Thread: Photo Request For Mustang Book

Photo Request For Mustang Book

Folks, I'm hoping a couple of you can help me out. I'm nearing completion of a book about Mustangs in New Zealand. In it I'm featuring four original racing Mustangs, which include the Fleetwood Motors, PDL I, PDL II, and Sidchrome Mustangs.

I'm also doing a chapter on Bruce Anderson, who began racing Mustangs 30 years ago in 1985.

What I need are current photos of both the Fleetwood Motors, PDL II, and Sidchrome Mustangs (I have plenty of period photos of each), just to show how they look today.

Plus, I also need period and current photos of the Anderson brothers Pinepac Group A Mustangs they raced from 1985 through 1987, plus photos of Bruce's 1969 Mustang which he races in Central Muscle Cars.

These must be your own photos you took yourself, just for copyright reasons.

Oh, and while I'm thinking of it, would anyone have photos of Bruce Ekdahl's green 1965 Mustang fastback that races in Central Muscle Cars, plus Dennis Goble's third generation maroon Mustang that also races in CMC?

Can anyone help?

Semi-Pro Racer
    Steve,
    Bruce Anderson and Bruce Ekdahl are both competing at the GP meeting at Manfeild this weekend. I will do my best to get some pics for you but I only have a pocket camera.

I have sent you 3 pages of thumbnails Steve, to the monster address. Couldn't find another email address for you. Hope your inbox isn't full this time! I may have some pics of the Pinepac car too.

PS Yes. It bounced back. 'Over quota'.
    Last edited by ERC; 02-14-2015 at 10:55 PM.

Name:  19860125 222-27 PDL Mustang2 wellington1-SML.jpg
Views: 1252
Size:  129.2 KBName:  19860125 222-01 SML.jpg
Views: 1167
Size:  128.0 KBName:  19860126 223-08 PDL mustang2 wellington-SML.jpg
Views: 1402
Size:  122.7 KB

PDL Mustang 2 at the second Wellington street race - 1986

Journeyman Racer
    I took plenty of photos of the "original" racing Mustangs Steve.They are pretty much all on Roaring Season! Feel free to use some.

Hi Steve, do you still have my contact details?, in the mean time i'll search out some more for this tread.
    cheers MS
    these from Hampton Downs 2010.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I have Sidchrome, PDL II, Fleetwood, and '69 Pinepac all available 320dpi print ready if need me. I can be emailed opie.rp@gmail.com if necessary.

Thanks, Rich

Fleetwood motors car at Hampton Downs & Leadfoot festival.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Hi everyone, hey thanks so much for the replies. I really appreciate it. I had a couple of people email me most of the required photos within hours of me posting on here! Talk about quick response!

Martin, I have emailed you re the PDL II at the 1986 Wellington Street Race, but haven't heard back from you so maybe I don't have your correct address. Could you please message me at: monsterracewear@gmail.com

Folks, can anyone help with photos of Pete Stevensons red '66 Mustang fastback from the 2015 NZFMR? I can only use pics from this event as he recently made visual changes to the car by fitting wider rear wheels and flares.

Also, I still need more pics of the Anderson Brothers Pinepac Group A Mustangs from the 1980s. Bruce Anderson is supposed to send me some pics but I haven't received these yet, so thought I should check to see if anyone here can help.

Thanks again everyone.

Hi everyone, I urgently need help with a photo to complete this book.

Does someone here have a photo of the Sidchrome Mustang, in its current completed restored guise, in high resolution, that they could email through to me either tonight or tomorrow morning? Doesn't matter if its an action shot or sat stationary in this pits. As long as its a good clean shot of the car.

My email address is: theroaringseason@gmail.com

Many thanks

Have you been onto George about one, Steve ? He must have a few recent pics.
    Name:  sidchrome mustang.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  181.2 KB

Semi-Pro Racer
    Looking good Steve. Get out your wallets everyone.
    http://beattiesbookblog.blogspot.co....ll-colour.html

Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Looking good Steve. Get out your wallets everyone.
    http://beattiesbookblog.blogspot.co....ll-colour.html
    Is it out and available now? if so were?

Dale M

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Is it out and available now? if so were?

Dale M
    I've ordered my copy from the publishers here:
    http://www.batemanpublishing.co.nz/P...ProductId=1547

Free shipping within NZ.

Don't know if any of you have seen it but I can thoroughly recommend this site for Mustang photos and info, and everything else.

http://www.mustangracing.com.au/

On the index there's a page for "from across the pond". I think the best page is "General items of interest". Fabulous. The prices for cars will make you cry however.