Thread: This one's worth saving.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer

This one's worth saving.

Spotted this on TradeMe:
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-844718135.htm

It's a bit of a lucky-dip but the motor alone might be worth the $2k asking price.

Semi-Pro Racer
    I agree Malcolm!
    Anyone know it's history?

I agree...would like to know it's history as well.....just not enough room in the garage at the moment.

Semi-Pro Racer
    What was it - I was late....

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    What was it - I was late....
    Lotus 7 copy, built in '67 with period race history. Worked Ford crossflow. Some assembly required. $2k for the lot.

Has been withdrawn by seller,so probably sold,tried to get some info on it like owners/history etc but received no response.Maybe if it has been bought a dialogue will start up here.I did look in Vercoes book but nothing .

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Hollings View Post
    Has been withdrawn by seller,so probably sold,tried to get some info on it like owners/history etc but received no response.Maybe if it has been bought a dialogue will start up here.I did look in Vercoes book but nothing .
    Never mind, here's a better deal, trade me 851612508

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Hirst View Post
    Never mind, here's a better deal, trade me 851612508

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=851612508

Semi-Pro Racer
    The car that was the subject of this thread was a "basket case" but, at $2000 ono, would still be a very cheap entry for someone wanting to get into historic racing. Ford 1600 Kent motors rarely go for less than $500 these days. Add in a gearbox, rear end etc and the asking price was probably around the cost of the major components alone.
    The car listed on Trademe in ChCh which is under offer ($5,000) was also a steal.
    At present I am building a "Locost" and am anticipating it will cost me around $6000 to complete. It will not be road legal so that figure does not include LVVTA certification.
    What I cannot figure is how sellers can ask up to $35,000 for Lotus 7 replicas yet genuine cars (admittedly Series 4 models which are not popular) are advertised for $10,500 and $15,000. I don't know of any other case where a replica is worth more than the genuine article.

Someone got a damned good car there

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Someone got a damned good car there
    Sold to a really nice guy who did not even make an offer,just paid the full asking price. He will get all the advice & follow up help he needs for however long he needs it,