Thread: Taupo Motorsport Park

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoozin View Post
    I think it's worth everyone keeping an open mind at this stage - I agree it's likely to become a similar style facility to Highlands, but I wonder, is the limited use at Highlands a feature of the conditions surrounding it's resource consent perhaps? Whereas Taupo is already allowed to operate in the capacity it is, therefore may continue to operate in such a fashion?

I'm not sure I see Mr. Quinn as the ogre many people make him out to be - he is a businessman, and like any business a race circuit will be required to offer a return on investment, so in my mind perhaps we won't see TOO MUCH change in the status quo, rather at this stage let's look forward to an upgraded facility and the prospect of attracting some higher level motorsport to the circuit as well as being able to run our grassroots racing.

Surely no one is narrow minded enough to consider higher end motorsport being able to exist without a foundation of grass roots events catering for beginners, and weekend enthusiasts who are then the spectators at the big events... maybe?

Or am I being too much of an optimist?
    Yes, I think you are being too much of an optimist- thats me and you asked the question wanting an answer.
    I see nothing, have heard nothing of grass roots events there.
    Remember once its gone then its a long drive between Hampton Downs and Manfield.
    Nigel is correct,but not about the bulldozer- great talent shouldnt be wasted.
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 02-20-2015 at 06:13 AM.