Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taupo Motorsport Park

Semi-Pro Racer
    Take a few minutes to look at the link posted by Carlo #29 this thread Dale- financial statement between 11 Sept/01 Oct 2012 sort of spells it all out.

Hi Guys, I have been reading through this thread and nobody has mentioned anything about another possible buyer. Mr Quinn might not be the one interested in buying Taupo as I have heard another name mentioned. That person is named in one of the links posted.

Anthony
    Last edited by touringcarfan; 03-02-2015 at 07:44 AM.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Its official, Quinn was rejected by 30% of the shareholders so he is now looking at spending his money here in Australia and is looking at Willowbank. Will see if I can find the link to the article I read it in.

Quinn:

“I think I could have gone a long way to sorting out motorsport in New Zealand,” he said. “You can’t do it without two tracks.”

That is one deep comment and one can only wonder what his 'fix' for NZ motorsport means.

IF he means bringing the Aussie GTs and maybe even Aussie V8s to two NZ tracks, much as that would go down really well in most people's eyes, I don't see that as 'sorting out motorsport in NZ'.

I'd like to know what he really meant, as I suspect that there would probably be more losers than winners...

Reading books about Bernie Ecclestone for example, is enough to know that one person with too much power (and money) may indeed do a lot of good for the sport - but they can also do irreparable harm. The person who has gained the most from BE's take over of F1 is of course, BE.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Maybe he was intending to break the monopoly that MNZ has on motor racing in NZ?
    If you want an example of how that can be achieved, study the case of Paul Samuels and the Wakefield Park circuit in NSW.