Thread: Motorsport History In Minature

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Love the NZ tribute cars !

I have no models anymore, but I bought these as a pair a few years back and they live in wait at a friend's place in Melbourne for some fun when passing through town. Don't even start on Jimmy's black helmet...

Name:  scalextrix 2.jpg
Views: 3511
Size:  64.4 KB

Weekend Warrior
    Would like to find a source for the Shell Racing New Zealand decals as used in late sixties/early seventies which featured Shell logo and white steering wheel on red background. They were on just about every NZ car raced in the era. I had a couple on my Lotus when I raced it in Historics. Full size or scale are ok.
    Cheers, Rob 021 1875697

Name:  122ezix.jpg
Views: 1004
Size:  94.8 KB
    Print off onto decal sheet

Quote Originally Posted by chaindrive View Post
    Name:  122ezix.jpg
Views: 1004
Size:  94.8 KB
    Print off onto decal sheet
    Chaindrive, thanks, I may do that for a garage scene I am going to make when i get all my models unpacked .. may need your expertise when it happens .. presume you can do that with any type of sign or logo - the printing onto a decal sheet instead of paper ..

Cheers

Roger D

Weekend Warrior
    Thanks for that, how close would your pic be to full size? From memory that appears to be close to it. Is it my imagination or did the early sixties/seventies ones have a simple white steering wheel with less detail and different wording?

There were at least 3 versions of this Shell decal Rob, depending on year and the reds and yellows changed too. I had mine printed into vinyl after checking the correct item for what was 1973 in my case.

Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Brown View Post
    Would like to find a source for the Shell Racing New Zealand decals as used in late sixties/early seventies which featured Shell logo and white steering wheel on red background. They were on just about every NZ car raced in the era. I had a couple on my Lotus when I raced it in Historics. Full size or scale are ok.
    Cheers, Rob 021 1875697

These models are deeply detailed replicating every aspect of the originals.