Thread: Old Programmes, movies and memories from the Fifties, Sixties and Seventies.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    World Champion
    Denis Hulme had a good battle with Scotch driver, Ron Flockhart during this NZGP and they became good friends after that. When Denis saw my Four Square pamphlet he mentioned this friendship as he signed it. This was at Laguna Seca in August 1992. Just a few weeks before Denis died at Bathurst.
    Ron Flockhart had stayed at the Hulmes during the 1962 international series before he went to Australia and was also flying a P51 Mustang to try win the fastest flight for a prop driven plane from Sydney to London. Unfortunately he lost his life when the Mustang crashed in stormy weather near Kallista, Victoria,Australia in April 1962.

Name:  1961 Programme.jpg
Views: 2664
Size:  95.1 KB

(Also note Bruce McLaren is listed as from Great Britain. This was because he was to be an international driver and could not win the First New Zealander home prize again ! )
    Last edited by khyndart in CA; 03-09-2015 at 11:30 PM.

Bruce etc

Quote Originally Posted by khyndart in CA View Post
    Denis Hulme had a good battle with Scotch driver, Ron Flockhart during this NZGP and they became good friends after that. When Denis saw my Four Square pamphlet he mentioned this friendship as he signed it. This was at Laguna Seca in August 1992. Just a few weeks before Denis died at Bathurst.
    Ron Flockhart had stayed at the Hulmes during the 1962 international series before he went to Australia and was also flying a P51 Mustang to try win the fastest flight for a prop driven plane from Sydney to London. Unfortunately he lost his life when the Mustang crashed in stormy weather near Kallista, Victoria,Australia in April 1962.

Name:  1961 Programme.jpg
Views: 2664
Size:  95.1 KB

(Also note Bruce McLaren is listed as from Great Britain. This was because he was to be an international driver and could not win the First New Zealander home prize again ! )
    Thank you Ken damn great photos , I never saw that race circuit was too young & lived in the SI........ hope you all good over there mate .. Kind regards Grant

World Champion
    Grant, I really appreciate your input. I kept entering memories from 1961 and no one entered any comments so to get a reply from you gives me a boost. (I thought you had given up on me !)
    I have a special programme coming next from 1958 and I need you to work along with me on this one. OK ?
    Cheers Ken.