Thread: Old Programmes, movies and memories from the Fifties, Sixties and Seventies.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    World Champion
    Grant, that is Rod Coppins running to his TecMec # 16. He has his helmet on in the last picture so the other picture does make for interesting optics !
    John Nicholson was born in 1941, Chris Amon was born in 1943 and he was driving here at the age of 18 so it is possible it is John or possibly a family member.
    Any input is appreciated.

I am still amazed that the Lycoming and the TecMec were entered in 4 races that day including the NZ Grand Prix !
    That would have kept their mechanics busy, that's for sure !

(Ken Hyndman )

Thank you Ken , I was at the recent scope meeting at Ruapuna , the Lycoming was racing in the historics and was driven hard I might add, as for John Nicholson I had never heard of him until I went to UK in mid 70,s there was an article of him in Autosport... from that day on I followed his activites in motor sports.....an other GREAT KIWI in UK doing the big time .......that most of us dream about but by saying that if we really really wanted to be like John we would have given it a go & who knows personal choices when we were young we all take the road that suits our souls..Iife is so interesting ... just love it ....hope you all good there Ken..... Grant