Thread: Old Programmes, movies and memories from the Fifties, Sixties and Seventies.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    World Champion
    Tasman racing 1968.
    Here are scenes of the Tasman racing from the Australian races from YouTube.
    The last races for the great Jimmy Clark. I can still remember hearing the news of his death in April 1968 on the radio and finding it hard to believe. He was a true champion who could win driving anything.

(Ken Hyndman )
    Last edited by khyndart in CA; 07-19-2015 at 08:25 AM.

Jim Clark

Quote Originally Posted by khyndart in CA View Post
    Tasman racing 1968.
    Here are scenes of the Tasman racing from the Australian races from YouTube.
    The last races for the great Jimmy Clark. I can still remember hearing the news of his death in April 1968 on the radio and finding it hard to believe. He was a true champion who could win driving anything.

(Ken Hyndman )
    I would have to agree Ken , was a gentleman as well...I have watched some footage re his racing career etc....... Roly also told me a lot about him.......I also remember the day Dad came into my bedroom early one morning saying " Grant your mate just got killed" as I use to follow him Ernie had bought me a photographed print of him at Indianapolis also a metal model of his car ..the lotus.