Thread: Old Programmes, movies and memories from the Fifties, Sixties and Seventies.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    World Champion
    Thanks to TRS, I found this posting of the De Joux Holden Special. It almost looks like a 1955 Mercedes 300 SL !

" 01-15-2013, 11:28 PM #3

Patrick.Harlow

Patrick.Harlow is offline Weekend Warrior
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were actually three of these cars built. The first was a 2+2. Happy with the success of the buckler body Ferris believed that there was a market for a fully enclosed coupe. He built the 2+2 car, used it as an everyday runner as well as racing it occassionally. Then Keven Lamb convinced Ferris to shorten the next car and make it a 2 seater. Hence the second car had 200 millimetres taken out of its roof and 100mm out its scuttle shortening the car by 300mm in total. The headlight arrangement was also altered.
    Below is the only picture I have of the 2+2 (Ferris standing beside it)Name: F deJoux- GT Holden based. 4 seater. Raced by Ferris who is standing in front of it.sm.JPG Views: 443 Size: 69.6 KB

Name:  1960 Ardmore.          Ferris De Joux.      # 20     Holden Special.JPG
Views: 1342
Size:  77.1 KB

_____________________________________________________________________________
    I am pretty sure this is taken at Ardmore, January 9th 1960. The car number 20 is correct and in the background is car # 124, a Buckler Mk 90, driven by C.S. Judd that day. (It looks like Ardmore in the background )

(ken Hyndman )
    Last edited by khyndart in CA; 03-19-2015 at 09:11 AM.