Thread: End of life goals.

End of life goals.

Greetings all,
    My name is Peter Rebbechi, and I am joining this forum as I have a tenuous relationship with NZ cars.
    At one stage I was the australian distributor for Leitch Super Sprints, Barry Leitch will remember me.
    I also imported a few NZ cars with history into australia, including a couple of replica Lotus Elevens.
    One was owned by a Stephen Aldersley of cambridge, who had a very nice Eleven replica, chassis built by Peter Bruin, body copied from the Jim Palmer eleven, all so I have been told. Powered by an Alfa 105 engine. This car has been discussed on this forum. When this car was uncrated in australia, I vowed to own it if ever I could.

I am after any information regarding this car. The car was imported into australia in early 2001, and has been with the one owner since then. Last week I managed to persuade this owner to sell it to me. One more thing ticked off the bucket list!

I believe Mr Aldersley has been active in Austin Seven vehicles for some time. Would very much like to get in touch with him.

I have just copied this thread into General Discussion, so you get a few more views.

I will be talking with Steve in the next few days, so I will ask him to tell what he can.

Thanks for that. i was given his mobile number, but am waiting until I have the car in my garage, so can assemble any questions in order of importance. There is no urgency, he did sell the sar to the prev owner fifteen years ago, and they have waited that long to be answered. A little longer wont hurt anyone,

Well, I took possession of this car at the end of March, and have put some 3000 miles on it since.
    I have been in touch with the original owner thanks to this forum, and after some effort on my behalf, to refresh this car, I can appreciate this car even more than before.

What a gorgeous car, so light and fun to drive. Have been on some Lotus Club runs here thru the hills, and had no trouble keeping up with newer lotii.

And I can drive it to work every day if I choose.
    Today had a max temp of six degrees, so maybe not today though.
    To anyone contemplating buying a fifities or sixties racer, just do it. Has dropped years off my outlook on life