Thread: Help wanted with previous car owner

Help wanted with previous car owner

Guys I have an old sports sedan mini and am trying to locate the previous owners so I can put together a history for cams COD. One of the owners was Phillip (Phil) Hudson and the other was David Jones. Apparently Jones used to race a torana sports sedan at some stage before getting into the mini. Both were in NSW around 1970.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Greg.

Weekend Warrior
    Nice pic of Phil in a Mini...

http://autopics.com.au/70091-philip-...ick-farm-1970/

Have you tried asking Craig Watson?

http://bmcexperience.com.au/contact-us.html

The likes of Neil Mason, Lyn Brown, Don Holland etc might be a help...

And looking at the photo linked by Mick, that might be a Laurie Stewart or Brian Foley car.

Last edited by Ray Bell; 03-26-2015 at 03:49 AM.

Weekend Warrior
    I get your point Ray .

Did you mean Phil picked up an ex-Foley or Stewart round nose Mini?

I mainly replied to help people with a similar problem ...as the post was unanswered

Greg has probably solved this one by now...did you look at the date of his original post?
    Last edited by 275 GTB; 03-26-2015 at 06:21 AM.

Boys you are correct, I believe it may be one of Laurie's cars. I know Brian and its not his. I have one of Brian's old Cooper S's in the garage. Craig doesn't know of them either. The previous owner thought it was one of Laurie's but the trail ends there. Thought they may be able to shed some light. Car is a mere shadow of its former self so if I can prove some sort of decent history its worth saving. Nobody seems to know these drivers, they were very part time it would seem. Been looking for them for over a year now to no avail. Thought I would go fishing for help.

Weekend Warrior
    Onya Coatsie :-)

So lets find out some more about Phillip (Phil) Hudson and David Jones...

Could Laurie offer anything additional like where anyone might have hailed from? or worked?