Thread: Information needed on E-Type with possible race history

Information needed on E-Type with possible race history

Andy Culpin from Race FX is looking for information about a 1962 Series 1 E-Type Jaguar that he is currently restoring. While working on the 3.8 litre E-Type, Andy has discovered that brake cooling ducts have been added to the front apron, which could indicate that the car has had some competition use in its past. The two ducts have been formed with alloy tube, and it looks like the work was done many years ago.

Here are the details on the car as supplied by 'Jaguar Heritage'...

Name:  E-Type_003.jpg
Views: 1076
Size:  167.1 KB

The 'Opalescent Dark Green' E-Type was originally sold in Singapore, then registered in Auckland in 1968. Its NZ Registration Plate number was AR 6899. From 1971 to 1978 it was Christchurch based (see below)...

Name:  E-Type_001 - Copy.jpg
Views: 1131
Size:  177.1 KB

Name:  E-Type_002 - Copy.jpg
Views: 986
Size:  177.7 KB

If you recognise any of the names on the registration papers, or have any information about this car's possible racing history, Andy would be very interested to hear from you.

Race FX is based in one of the industrial units at Hampton Downs Motorsport Park, or leave your messages here and I will pass them on the Andy (he's not too flash with computers!).

Thanks.
    Last edited by John B; 03-30-2015 at 01:07 AM.

Interested to see name 7 on ownership paper. Gary Bagot was my cousin and recall him doing a quite extensive resto on this car (sills etc.) I do not recall him saying anything about a competition history to this car . Car was BRG and absolutely immaculate during his ownership. Not much help but a bit of info !
    In the back of the mind i do seem to remember him commenting on the poor braking once hot. If he added the cooling......I dont know .
    Last edited by chaindrive; 03-30-2015 at 03:07 AM.

Thanks 'chaindrive'. I'll pass this information on to Andy. I'm trying to persuade him to join TRS so he can add to this thread himself.

Cheers, John