Thread: The New Zealand built Ford...'Sports Sedan'.........'Gentleman' Jim Richards

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My understanding is that this significant car could be for sale? Can anyone confirm this? Graham has owned it for many years, and has been carefully collecting as many of the original parts for it as he could, slowly reconstructing the car. Like many Sports Sedans, much of the running gear was taken for newer projects, and Graham has tracked down one of the cars where a bunch of the parts ended up. Would really love to see this car back out racing again. It'd be very high on my shopping list if I had the coin...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    My understanding is that this significant car could be for sale? Can anyone confirm this? Graham has owned it for many years, and has been carefully collecting as many of the original parts for it as he could, slowly reconstructing the car. Like many Sports Sedans, much of the running gear was taken for newer projects, and Graham has tracked down one of the cars where a bunch of the parts ended up. Would really love to see this car back out racing again. It'd be very high on my shopping list if I had the coin...
    Steve, do you know if this car is for sale?

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgear View Post
    Steve, do you know if this car is for sale?
    Topgear, I subjested the Big M Falcon is 'For Sale' in the Roaring Seasons 'CARS FOR SALES / WANTED' section.... and to answer your Question 'Yes !!!!.....Graham has arrived at that 'Cross Road' we often find ourselves in on a large project,be it a Bathroom that encompassed 2/3rds of the house or an 'historic' race car,the responsibility in such a project is to keep it as much as possible 'True to the original plan',Question is, What Day do we build it to represent,??? what 'livery'???,its all about 'research,'research,'research and more 'research,there is a huge commitment, to past 'Glory Days' and Graham has a Lovely young family that are asking the usual questions ..."Can I Have A Horse"?......Dad!!..."Dad', when can will take me 'Go-Karting"??????????????...so its time in Grahams world for somebody to 'take-over' the 'Cosmetics' department of the 'Big M' project....................this comes with a considerable amount of 'Soul' searching and absolutely no Pressure from the Family,they In fact disagree with this path,but !!!!..

Graham has a Single price for the complete package,that comes with his total support to the 'new Caretaker' of the project...AUD$225000...No offers will be considered,a singular transaction is simple,not complicated and as stated..with full support to assist the completion,complicated deals are strictly that,complicated...........the list of parts is massive,the effort that has been put into collecting the correct parts has been long and exspensive process.......the Gurney/Weslake is complete and yet to be run on the Dyno,this engine has over $70k invested, built by the Nearly 'Famous' Pat Purcell.......anybody Interestd please PM me as Graham has asked for me to find a 'Good home' for his Project "BiG M'...............Regards thunder427/Myle Johnson

Oh, by the way, my favourite guise was its first season, before the big wing. Man that was a sleek looking race car!