Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The New Zealand built Ford...'Sports Sedan'.........'Gentleman' Jim Richards

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgear View Post
    Steve, do you know if this car is for sale?
    Topgear, I subjested the Big M Falcon is 'For Sale' in the Roaring Seasons 'CARS FOR SALES / WANTED' section.... and to answer your Question 'Yes !!!!.....Graham has arrived at that 'Cross Road' we often find ourselves in on a large project,be it a Bathroom that encompassed 2/3rds of the house or an 'historic' race car,the responsibility in such a project is to keep it as much as possible 'True to the original plan',Question is, What Day do we build it to represent,??? what 'livery'???,its all about 'research,'research,'research and more 'research,there is a huge commitment, to past 'Glory Days' and Graham has a Lovely young family that are asking the usual questions ..."Can I Have A Horse"?......Dad!!..."Dad', when can will take me 'Go-Karting"??????????????...so its time in Grahams world for somebody to 'take-over' the 'Cosmetics' department of the 'Big M' project....................this comes with a considerable amount of 'Soul' searching and absolutely no Pressure from the Family,they In fact disagree with this path,but !!!!..

Graham has a Single price for the complete package,that comes with his total support to the 'new Caretaker' of the project...AUD$225000...No offers will be considered,a singular transaction is simple,not complicated and as stated..with full support to assist the completion,complicated deals are strictly that,complicated...........the list of parts is massive,the effort that has been put into collecting the correct parts has been long and exspensive process.......the Gurney/Weslake is complete and yet to be run on the Dyno,this engine has over $70k invested, built by the Nearly 'Famous' Pat Purcell.......anybody Interestd please PM me as Graham has asked for me to find a 'Good home' for his Project "BiG M'...............Regards thunder427/Myle Johnson

Graham has done an amazing job with this car, and it has obviously gone to the right owner who saved it when these old cars really weren't considered important to most. I hope he can find the right person to sell it to. This is definitely one car that needs to be completed and raced again. Thanks for the update Myles.

Oh, by the way, my favourite guise was its first season, before the big wing. Man that was a sleek looking race car!

Weekend Warrior
    Come on Powerball.

Journeyman Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by david5 View Post
    Come on Powerball.
    Sadly i did'nt win so my 2013 entry's for the ASSC have been canned was a good line up though.. Tony Endmondson reunited with his Alfa, Glen Seton in the Baily 300ZX and myself in a Harry Lefoe inspired Ford powered Hyundai Getz

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondy View Post
    Sadly i did'nt win so my 2013 entry's for the ASSC have been canned was a good line up though.. Tony Endmondson reunited with his Alfa, Glen Seton in the Baily 300ZX and myself in a Harry Lefoe inspired Ford powered Hyundai Getz
    As long as you paint the Alfa in the Elfin scheme I'll come & polish it for you.

Boy that Edmonson Alfa was/is a neat car!

Long time Sports Sedan racer Kerry Baily had a Nissan 300ZX for several years, but not many people know that 1986 Bathurst winner Graeme Bailey also had a Nissan 300ZX Sports Sedan built, which was hardly ever raced.

Journeyman Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Boy that Edmonson Alfa was/is a neat car!

Long time Sports Sedan racer Kerry Baily had a Nissan 300ZX for several years, but not many people know that 1986 Bathurst winner Graeme Bailey also had a Nissan 300ZX Sports Sedan built, which was hardly ever raced.
    The Chickadee 300ZX was neat, Derek raced it for a while, later to Steven Voight and now run for a few seasons by Anthony Macready.

Bondy, what happened to the red Monza that Voight had. That was a good looker.

Journeyman Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Bondy, what happened to the red Monza that Voight had. That was a good looker.
    I think Voight still has it, thats an ex old Whincup car...

I think Voight still has it, thats an ex old Whincup car...
    Ended up at champions museum for a while, (and may still be there?)

Semi-Pro Racer
    .....With a "Bullshit' paint job to make it look like the Bob Jane Monza When Brock drove it...!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thunder427 View Post
    .....With a "Bullshit' paint job to make it look like the Bob Jane Monza When Brock drove it...!!!!!
    I did think to finish my sentence with a similar (but slightly
    more tact-full) statement.

Thats a shame, because it looked good in it's original red. Don't worry Myle's they can try but will never get them like you have.

World Champion

I see this car is now officially for sale. It won't be cheap. Its not yet finished. But it is a car of great significance, and huge historical importance.