Thread: Jim Clark anniversary

Jim Clark anniversary

It is hard to realise that the incredible Jim Clark died 47 years ago on April 7, 1968.

Here is a composite of photos from his career from the LAT photographic archives

http://www.racer.com...l=1&limitstart=
    Last edited by Terry S; 04-08-2015 at 01:09 AM.

Link not working for me, Terry...you might need another slash before the www

Quote Originally Posted by GD66 View Post
    Link not working for me, Terry...you might need another slash before the www
    Thanks, tried that but still can't get to work. Sincere apologies as the photos really are wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
    Thanks, tried that but still can't get to work. Sincere apologies as the photos really are wonderful.
    Google www.racer.com then go down to the feature "Jim Clark to be honoured at Indianapolis" You can open the file from there and Terry is correct, some wonderful photos.

Dave Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty5 View Post
    Google www.racer.com then go down to the feature "Jim Clark to be honoured at Indianapolis" You can open the file from there and Terry is correct, some wonderful photos.

Dave Graham
    Thanks Dave. Again it reminds us of the sheer variety of cars the F1 drivers of the day peddled. The Aston looks simply stunning in Jimmy's hands

World Champion
    Jim Clark could drive anything to the max. and he always looked in control. I remember he beat Bruce McLaren away at the start of the 1965 NZGP at Pukekohe and then Bruce punted him off at the hairpin on about the 2nd lap ! He looked annoyed as he sat at the back of the car in the pits as the race went on.
    He never had much luck at Pukekohe.

I liked these Lotus Cortina photos from the Jim Clark book " Portrait of a Great Driver" by Graham Gauld.

Name:  Jim Clark_Lotus Cortina at Brands Hatch.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  180.4 KB

Name:  Jim Clark_Lotus Cortina.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  182.8 KB

(Ken Hyndman )