Thread: Sterling Marlin Historic Nascar Winston Cup Car

Sterling Marlin Historic Nascar Winston Cup Car

Name:  SCAN0016.JPG
Views: 6186
Size:  73.4 KB

This 1996 Morgan McLure team Chevy Monte Carlo is a road course car and only did three Nascar Winston Cup (now Sprint Cup) championship rounds, all at Sonoma (Sears Point) '96 through '98 before being retired. Fortunately Kodak then kept it as a display car as this prevented it being parted out at the end of its professional life as has happened to many race cars once they reached their use-by date. It was later bought by a collector in California who ran some Nascar oriented historic races and won a round at Sonoma.
    Right now it is in my workshop being prepped for some historic racing on the US east coast.

World Champion
    Grant,
    That is a beautiful example of a Nascar vehicle from that era.
    ( thought I might get you this for your birthday! )..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-64-1996-St...-/221769028321

p.s. The " Marbles " photo showed up here.
    Hope all is good with you.
    Cheers,
    Ken Hyndman

Well done Grant, great looking car!! i dare say you will enjoy driving that!!

DaleM

Thanks Dale and Ken, hopefully the owner will let me do a few laps. The engine has been detuned from the usual 850-900hp to 700+ but should be enough to scare me. We gave it a shakedown run at a local paved and banked oval last week, just to check all the systems were working OK. Of course it didn't handle too well with the road course suspenders and old hard tires. Kodak will probably run in a class which has a 7500 rpm limit which should really suit this engine, has a ton of torque all the way through to the 7000 range.