Please forgive me Steve for hijacking your forum but I don't know of anywhere else to post this question.
Targa Bambina starts in just under a week with what I would consider to be very small fields in both the competition and tour. I would imagine that many who visit this forum would be present or past entrants. How many of you are not doing the Bambina (and for that matter the main event) this year? Is the problem the entry cost, or the cost of competing, or the issue of having to run on Federal tyres or other issues like "been there done that, whats next"? Or are there other reasons? I have done six as a co-driver and the South Island event as support crew, and if I look past the crashes, engine blows and clutches I have thoroughly enjoyed every one. I even have some finishers medals and tin plates to show for it.
Please don't use this post to slag the event or it's organizers or the mandatory use of Federal tyres, which incidentally we found to be perfectly adequate on the right car.
Allan Cameron