1949 Events, racing at Seagrove and a Hillclimb at Riverhead.

Amongst the cars competing were Gordon Brown in his Ford 10 Special;
Here is a comment about Gordon and his cars.
Note the description of the Axle as a Ruxley - I understand the correct name was Ruxtall and the axle / differential was a dual ratio one - giving the Three speed gearbox and effective Six speeds.

Name:  NSCC 1949 #413 Seagrove Report 1949 Gordon Brown GBS Cars G Woods .jpg
Views: 992
Size:  63.5 KB

Another car mentioned is the Laurie Powell Ford B4 V8 Roadster.

Name:  NSCC 1949 #414 Seagrove Report 1949 Race Report re-Laurie Powell V8 G Woods .jpg
Views: 1330
Size:  79.2 KB

A Hillclimb at Riverhead on 20th March 1946, featuring both the above cars and others;
Of interest to me is the name Wyn Bristow who was a great mate and in the 1950's a neighbour of my Uncle Eddie Dowding. Winton Bristow [ correct spelling ] was a club member and was also the artist who did a series of sketches of cars at Ardmore in the mid 1950's [ 1956 ].
Gordon Brown, Laurie Powell and Ralph Watson feature, as do others mentioned in the Seagrove report.

Name:  NSCC 1949 #422 1949 20 Mar Hillclimb Riverhead Results Brown Powell G Woods .jpg
Views: 668
Size:  29.0 KB

Thanks to Graham Woods for these little snippets of NSCC History which were posted on Old New Zealand Motor racing following the piece on the 1948 Kidston Cup which features Laurie Powell in the previous post.