Thread: Northern Sports Car Club - the early years.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gordon Brown

[QUOTE=Roger Dowding;72971]The GBS - Gordon Brown Special - notes I have indicate Gordon did build more than one car as stated here by Graham Vercoe [ without getting into a discussion on the accuracy of his books " a 1904 cc Ford V8 - 60 " ?? ] .

As mentioned in my lengthy effort posts 299 - 300, a full article appeared in a short lived locally produced sports car magazine covering the construction of Gordon Brown's car. I can not recall its title, but the magazine has been mentioned within this forum. Within the article it was stated that having just purchased a newly built house, Gordon fitted the car with a make-shift dozer blade and as a result it assisted with the leveling of the house section! How could one forget reading a report involving a sports car and such enterprise? LOL

Surely a copy of the magazine must exist somewhere.
    Last edited by Trevor Sheffield; 05-22-2020 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Typo

[QUOTE=Trevor Sheffield;72973]
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dowding View Post
    The GBS - Gordon Brown Special - notes I have indicate Gordon did build more than one car as stated here by Graham Vercoe [ without getting into a discussion on the accuracy of his books " a 1904 cc Ford V8 - 60 " ?? ] .

As mentioned in my lengthy effort posts 299 - 300, a full article appeared in a short lived locally produced sports car magazine covering the construction of Gordon Brown's car. I can not recall its title, but the magazine has been mentioned within this forum. Within the article it was stated that having just purchased a newly built house, Gordon fitted the car with a make-shift dozer blade and as a result it assisted with the leveling of the house section! How could one forget reading a report involving a sports car and such enterprise? LOL

Surely a copy of the magazine must exist somewhere.
    Trevor, I hope so - would like to see a copy myself.
    Having reminded me I will ask on the Facebook Group about Motorsport and Motoring books.
    Cheers