Thread: Northern Sports Car Club - the early years.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Sheffield View Post
    Thanks Milan,

After so many years, I now appreciate that my Fiat 509 Special, built at a total cost of less than around the then 200 pounds, was faster than Bruce McLarn's Ulster Austin, which was a quite smart piece of kit. I have never considered myself to rate among N Z special builders, but as of now am inclined to have a change of mind. LOL The special was fun to drive having two gear levers operating a two speed rear end and crash three speed gear box.
    Milan, Thanks also from me. I had seen your image of the Programme Front Page of the NSCC Championship Hill Climb 1953, at Wairamarama, but not the entry list with the times etc.
    Along with Trevor, what a great list of names, Jock Aitken, Phil Kerr, Ron Roycroft appears to be a no show, Ivy Stephenson, Don Tilsley, George Smith, Laurie Powell, J Mansel is I assume Johnny Mansel, and Arthur Harris in his Buckler, probably the first Buckler in New Zealand - no times was he also a No show.
    A great piece of NSCC History on one page.

The story of Trevor Sheffield's Fiat features on this thread - now we know it was a quick car - especially in its Class 751 - 1100 cc.
    Last edited by Roger Dowding; 05-13-2022 at 06:09 AM. Reason: No show Buckler ###47