Thread: Northern Sports Car Club - the early years.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

NSCC sealed gymkhana 1974

Name:  The A-H Sprite,  Mangere gymkhana 1974 15-02-2014 11;41;24AM (400x316).jpg
Views: 1448
Size:  109.7 KB

Not at Cosseys, but an NSCC event at Mangere Town Centre, back in the day when no shops were open on Sunday and a lot of sport was played in supermarket / shopping centre carparks, this is 1974, just before the roll bar [ by Reg Cook ] was put into the Sprite so I could do sprints / Hill Climbs and other events, already used in trialls and very close to the ground

Ross Hollings was there too in a Cooper [ mini ]

Photo by Dennis Green, who took a huge number of photos at Northern Sports Car Club events in the 1970's , he should have lots more, must follow that up..
    Last edited by Roger Dowding; 10-07-2017 at 05:03 AM. Reason: more info #### 47

Hi Roger,The finish was a straight over a series of yumps,have a photo somewhere all crossed up going for it.The 90 degree turn through the fence posts was fun.!!
    The Mangere thing would have been my trusty little 850 Mini,which did circuit,grass track hillclimbs,never let me down.Was full race,extractor and twin carbs,!!