Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dowding View Post
Mention has been made some time ago of the GBS - built by Gordon Brown and more recently of the " Fordie " or Jock Aitken Special, built Jock who was a Mechanic and Engineer, he ran a small garage / workshop in Grafton Gully, nera where the motorway is now - this was in the 1940's through to the 1960's from memory it was just a small garage with a ramp and pit beside it. My first car used to get serviced there back in 1967

This photo of the GBS and the Fordie was posted recently, and I have found another photo of a car which looks the same as the Fordie from Ohakea in 1952.

Photos from the Arthur Siddall collection from Duncan Fox.

Note an A Cowper behind Jock Aitken's Fordie left photo at top.

Ohakea 1952 - middle left car driven by A Cowper - I am sure that is the Jock Aitken car.
Extract from the 1953 Ohakea Programme from Mark Coulthard

C H Chatteris - Harry Chatteris who was in C and R Racing with Ron Roycroft.
George Smith in the Allard that is now with Rob Boult in Queenstown
A story on another Special bult by an NSCC member is coming soon.
I am quite sure that three of the group of four photos show Gordon Brown’s GBS.
Car number 11 is also in fact the GPS and the second of the pair of photos, would appear to show Gordon Brown driving the Jupiter owned by Dr. Ken Orre, who became my GP in later years. He never drove the car himself in speed events and in spite of discrete questioning I was never able to find out why this was so. Gordon Brown was a patient and therefore a natural choice. Know-one else drove the Jupiter, the only one competing at the time and one of three which came available during import licensing. Gordon went on to roll and bend it slightly.

I can not recall the Aitken car ever being referred to as the ”Fordie”. Whatever, it in no way resembled the GPS.