Thread: Northern Sports Car Club - the early years.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bob homewood View Post
    You are right Trevor ,it took some hard dedication to keep the foot flat there
    Bob thanks again for the articles and photos from " Club Torque ",
    I remember when I competed in my 850cc standard Mini, except for the wider wheels, the start was steep and I overrevved as I scrambled from the start, lots of wheelspin and not much traction, before slamming that long gearlever down into second, and yes Trevor the cowdung was prevalent, they did try to wash down the concrete start. Wonder what my times were in the Mini,?? very slow I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dowding View Post
    Bob thanks again for the articles and photos from " Club Torque ",
    I remember when I competed in my 850cc standard Mini, except for the wider wheels, the start was steep and I overrevved as I scrambled from the start, lots of wheelspin and not much traction, before slamming that long gearlever down into second, and yes Trevor the cowdung was prevalent, they did try to wash down the concrete start. Wonder what my times were in the Mini,?? very slow I would say.
    Might have been slow (don't know) but you were there doing it, and the national body encouraged club events, yada yada.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Might have been slow (don't know) but you were there doing it, and the national body encouraged club events, yada yada.
    Having been on hand as a member of the NSCC executive I can assure you that the national body was and has always been obstructive and arranging events was hard yacka. However at the time they were unable to tap into the commercial sector which rules at present. Money talks. LOL