Thread: Northern Sports Car Club - the early years.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dowding View Post
    Allan, I remember another incident at the club circuit for the quickfire meeting that was run and televised around 1970.
    A Triumph 2000 or 2500 broke a halfshaft coming past the stables on the right hand bend the halfshaft and wheel left the car and speared down the track. the errant part hit / was hit by a Mini in the front and looked like this afterwards [ no pic of the Triumph but here is the Mini ].

Name:  Mini, Pukekohe club meeting 1968 #3, Mike . ... !! .. CCI01092015 (2).jpg
Views: 1864
Size:  178.6 KB

Hand drawn plan of the club circuit - from the NSCC Motorsport Day 1978 Regulations and Route Book.

Name:  NSCC Motorsport Day 1978 p8 sprint regs and track planCCI22122015 (564x800).jpg
Views: 1802
Size:  134.0 KB
    The Mike ..... ?? mentioned above was a good mate of Wayne McMath, who also ran a Cooper 'S' in various meetings in the 1970's, he was quite a quick peddler, lived in Herne bay for a time, and was I think a member of both NSCC and ACC .. as were many guys ' back in the day ', made it easy to enter lots of closed club events.
    Last edited by Roger Dowding; 06-24-2017 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dowding View Post
    The Mike ..... ?? mentioned above was a good mate of Wayne McMath, who also ran a Cooper 'S' in various meetings in the 1970's, he was quite a quick peddler, lived in Herne bay for a time, and was I think a member of both NSCC and ACC .. as were many guys ' back in the day ', made it easy to lots of closed club events.
    "Back in the day", when motor racing constituted a true sport, most of those from the Auckland area competing, belonged to both clubs and many also to Pukekohe CC for good measure. Even without a cheque book, one could then compete on most weekends. Club fees were not too expensive in spite of the governing body even then being greedy. LOL