Thread: Ivan Cranch

Semi-Pro Racer

Ivan Cranch

Sad to report that Ivan Cranch passed away yesterday. Ivan raced a 6CM Maserati in the 1960s and was also remembered for his Jaguar powered Ford Consul. I only knew Ivan in his later years when he had restored a lovely Alfa Duetto Spider and later his Lotus 6 and Vintage Riley. He was also well known for his craftsmanship on Alloy Bodies. I always found him to be very friendly and a real gentleman. Some years ago he suffered a stroke that affected his speech but still loved going out on Vintage Car runs with son Stephen in the Riley. We will miss you Ivan

Graeme Banks

Indeed a real gentle man with astonishing alloy beating skills. I know he was not entirely happy with his impediment after the strokes, but was always still an astonishingly cheerful man.
    Rest in comfort Ivan, I will miss you.

Sad news indeed , I had a long friendship with Ivan going back to 1960 ,a real good guy and a master craftsman now sadly gone

Sad to hear about yr friend mates.........just remember we are in the line as every one morel of this story enjoy the NOW moment

Semi-Pro Racer
    Very sad news. Ivan, Judith and the Lotus 6 were regular visitors to Hawkes Bay and Ivan ran the Lotus at Te Onepu Hillclimb on a number of occasions until he suffered the stroke.
    There would probably not be anyone else in NZ who has had such a long racing record.
    Ivan was a gentleman in every sense of the word.

I met Ivan at Te Onepu Hillclimb while he was running the Lotus 6. Such a gentleman and a very nice person. RIP Ivan