Thread: Trever Crowe's race Cars

Weekend Warrior
    Australia/Melbourne/ex pat Kiwi/Halswell/Christchurch

Trever Crowe's race Cars

Every one knows of Trever Crowe
    We would love to see some pics & stories of him in his long racing career, as he was one of the best race car Builders & Drivers Christchurch has had that really thrilled the crowds with all his cars.

Can Trever please list all his race cars to date that he has had, also any pics

Name:  trevor crowe MG J2.jpg
Views: 1774
Size:  120.2 KB Here's Trevor's first racer, an MG J2 with a Ford 10 engine, at Ruapuna. Trevor let me copy his photos for a magazine article about his MGV special which incorporated a few remnants of this J2, so I hope he won't mind me showing them here. Does anyone know who is driving the other cars? Photo: Trevor Crowe collection
    Last edited by alwylie; 07-14-2015 at 11:23 AM. Reason: add photo credit

A couple of photos I have put up in previous threads

Name:  Crowe-Hamilton-Tarmac-81.jpg
Views: 1552
Size:  139.6 KB

Name:  Crowe-Starlet-Pukekohe-1984.jpg
Views: 1609
Size:  118.2 KB

Here is my only photos of one of Trevor's cars. This was taken at Pukekohe in January 1977.

Here is a photo from the Tony Growden's collection. It is the Zap car again taken at Pukekohe

I am not sure of the photographer here but will post them for the benefit of Trevor Crowe fans.

World Champion

Name:  trevor crowe MG J2 002.jpg
Views: 1498
Size:  135.6 KBHere's Trevor in the MG after it had morphed into the MGV. About the only MG parts left were the radiator shell and a couple of body panels. The custom-built chassis used flathead Ford V8 mechanicals. A simple but clever special in which Trevor was very successful, especially on loose surfaces as here at Tahunanui Beach. Photo: Trevor Crowe collection
    Last edited by alwylie; 07-14-2015 at 11:29 AM. Reason: fix mistake

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi285 View Post
    Here is my only photos of one of Trevor's cars. This was taken at Pukekohe in January 1977.

Sorry kiwi285, but it cant have been 77. The 60 series Starlet shape was'nt released until Feb 78. Also, the Aurora AFX series sponsorship in the background would indicate that this could be Pukekohe 1981

Nice photos though - thank you for posting
    Last edited by Habu; 07-14-2015 at 08:40 PM.

World Champion
    The change to Zap sponsorship was for the 81/2 season. This would probably be the GP meet December 81

Weekend Warrior

I was at the track and around the Starlet a lot when I was a kid and later worked for him as an apprentice. I have collected a few photos, some are already on here